Many tree climbers are representative members of the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture), either retired, or working as Arborists and climbing tree service professionals. ISA and others do sponsor really fabulous tree climbing parties and competitions at various places and times, around the USA.
Tree climbers have an annual get together, known as the Annual Tree Climbing Rendezvous. It’s a multi-day event, in addition to optional pre and post rendezvous excursions. Each year, it takes place in different locations, including Boulder Colorado, Costa Rica and Northern California. These events are sponsored or supported by The Atlanta Tree Climbing Club, Tree Climbers International (TCI), Tree Climbing Planet (TCP) and the Global Organization of Tree Climbers (GOTC).
Other groups on various social media platforms, from time to time, organize tree climbs for experienced and self sufficient tree climbers.
Our services help our clientele intelligently and mindfully acclimate into the recreational tree climbing world, through personalized instruction. We demonstrate and provide hand’s on instruction using various climbing products and climbing methods. Learn More…
We hope you’ll become as passionate and excited about Recreational Tree Climbing as we are. If you’re already an experienced rock-climber, than you may already be familiar with many of the tree-climbing components. Tree climbing offers us an objective reality that allows us to challenge ourselves, while connecting directly with nature.
All are welcome here, so please come join us for a taste of the TreeXP’erience.
Tree Climbing Competitions:
- ISA International – Climbing Championships
- Pacific Northwest – ISA Regional Competitions
- Arborfest – Sherrill Tree
- Jambo – TreeStuff
General Climbing Info:
- Wesspur-Tree Climbing & Rigging Info (PDF)
- Global Organization of Tree Climbers
- Climbing Arborist
- Richard Munford’s Youtube Channel
- Tree Climbing Standards and Ethics
- How to Tie Arborist Knots
- Guidelines for Safe Climbing
- Arborist Knots
- Climbing Knots
- How to Belay
- How to Rappel
- Communication for Climbing
- The Wild Trees, by Richard Preston
- The Man Who Climbs Trees, by James Aldred
- The Tree Climber’s Companion – 2nd Edition, by Jeff Jepsom
- On Rope, by Allen Padgett
- Wise Trees, by Diane Cook
- Suggested Ethics for Tree Climbers by Bill Maher
- Tree Surfing and Other Lofty Pleasures
- Up and About: An Interview with Expert Tree Climber Alex JuliusMichael
- Oxman’s Tree Climbing Adventures & Stories
- Ralph Sterns Dyer Redwood Club
- Tree Stories
- Champion tree climber and arborist shares his tips and exercise routine